People with Disabilities FAQs

Do you have any information of dental problems for children with Down syndrome?

Dental Health Foundation does not have information on specific disabilities at present but there is significant and valuable information on the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research's website, available at

Particular information for those with Down Syndrome is available at the this link.;

My son is on disability benefit and has damaged one of his front teeth and needs a replacement. He doesn't have a medical card. Can he claim or where can he get his tooth repaired.

You can contact the Department of Social and Family Affairs, Dental Benefits Section, on 1809 400 400 extension 44480 or on 01 7043000 to enquire about your sons entitlements.

With regards to getting the treatment required, you could contact the Irish Dental Association to find a dentist nearby, their number is 2950072. Their website is