Orthodontic Treatment FAQs

The HSE dentist says my child does not need braces but I feel his teeth need braces and I can't afford to pay in full. Could you give me some advice?

Other Options could include:

  1. You could contact a private orthodontist and ask for a quote for the work needed which you may be able to claim tax relief on.
  2. The Dental Benefits Section of the Department of Social and Family Affairs (01 704 3000) will advise you of your entitlements.
  3. Alternatively if you have private health insurance there may be an option to claim for orthodontic treatment on that.